failure trying to install bullseye on Cubox-i
Rick Thomas
2022-07-18 02:00:01 UTC
I'm experimenting with installing Bullseye on a Cubox-i4Pro I keep around for testing purposes.

I followed the instructions at:
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/bullseye/main/installer-armhf/current/images/netboot/SD-card-images/README.concatenateable_images

Then I dd'ed the resulting complete image onto an 8GB microSD card, which I then inserted into the microSD slot in the Cubox-I. When I applied power, I got the attached log on the serial console.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is this a bug in the installer? If so, what's the best way for me to volunteer to help as a tester in debugging it.

Rick
Rick Thomas
2022-07-18 02:10:01 UTC
Post by Rick Thomas
I'm experimenting with installing Bullseye on a Cubox-i4Pro I keep
around for testing purposes.
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/bullseye/main/installer-armhf/current/images/netboot/SD-card-images/README.concatenateable_images
Then I dd'ed the resulting complete image onto an 8GB microSD card,
which I then inserted into the microSD slot in the Cubox-I. When I
applied power, I got the attached log on the serial console.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is this a bug in the installer?
If so, what's the best way for me to volunteer to help as a tester in
debugging it.
Rick
* screenlog
In case it helps, the two components I used in this experiment are:

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/bullseye/main/installer-armhf/20210731+deb11u4/images/netboot/SD-card-images/firmware.MX6_Cubox-i.img.gz

and

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/bullseye/main/installer-armhf/20210731+deb11u4/images/netboot/SD-card-images/partition.img.gz

On the web page, these files are dated 2022-07-05 15:57 .

Any clues are appreciated!
Rick
Rick Thomas
2022-07-20 00:10:01 UTC
Well, I re-downloaded and re-copied the resulting complete image to a micro-SD card by a different manufacturer, and lo and behold, it all works this time!

Sigh!
Sorry for all the noise,
Rick
Rick
Vagrant Cascadian
2022-07-18 05:40:01 UTC
Post by Rick Thomas
I'm experimenting with installing Bullseye on a Cubox-i4Pro I keep around for testing purposes.
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/bullseye/main/installer-armhf/current/images/netboot/SD-card-images/README.concatenateable_images
Then I dd'ed the resulting complete image onto an 8GB microSD card,
which I then inserted into the microSD slot in the Cubox-I. When I
applied power, I got the attached log on the serial console.
Those sound like reasonable steps...

What's confusing is your screen logs shows a u-boot from bookworm/sid:

U-Boot SPL 2022.04+dfsg-2+b1 (May 14 2022 - 21:25:25 +0000)

So either the images you downloaded were not the images you thought you
downloaded... or you saved the wrong screenlog file... or the bullseye
images contain u-boot from the wrong release... or somehow you're

I actually need to reinstall a cuboxi4pro maybe by the end of the week,
so I will test it myself then.

live well,
vagrant