RM: icinga2 [armel mips64el ppc64el riscv64] -- ROM; FTBFS
Aurelien Jarno
2024-01-02 23:10:01 UTC
Package: ftp.debian.org
Severity: normal
Usertags: remove
Control: affects -1 + src:icinga2
Please remove icinga2 from armel, mips64el, ppc64el, riscv64 where it FTBFS to unblock testing migration.
What is the reasoning behind the removal, especially for riscv64 which
built successfully?

Have you asked the porters for help before asking for the removal?

Regards
Aurelien
--
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
***@aurel32.net http://aurel32.net
Jeffrey Walton
2024-01-03 09:30:01 UTC
On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 11:44 PM Sebastiaan Couwenberg
Post by Aurelien Jarno
Please remove icinga2 from armel, mips64el, ppc64el, riscv64 where it FTBFS to unblock testing migration.
What is the reasoning behind the removal, especially for riscv64 which
built successfully?
/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/lib/base/application.hpp:148:33: error: static
assertion failed
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=icinga2&arch=armel&ver=2.14.1-1&stamp=1703225119&raw=0
152 - base-methods_pluginnotificationtask/truncate_long_output (Failed)
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=icinga2&arch=mips64el&ver=2.14.1-1&stamp=1704107092&raw=0
152 - base-methods_pluginnotificationtask/truncate_long_output (Failed)
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=icinga2&arch=ppc64el&ver=2.14.1-1&stamp=1703225525&raw=0
undefined reference to `jump_fcontext'
undefined reference to `make_fcontext'
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=icinga2&arch=riscv64&ver=2.14.1-1&stamp=1703250691&raw=0
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=icinga2&arch=riscv64&ver=2.14.1-1&stamp=1703201911&raw=0
Only the third try built successfully.
Post by Aurelien Jarno
Have you asked the porters for help before asking for the removal?
Obviously not, as you would have seen that request. I assumed you have
better things to do during Christmas season. This RM bug unblocked
testing migration without involving even more people.
The Debian servers on these architectures are likely the only users of
the icinga2 package so it would be good to get the package to build
there again, but it is not a priority for me. Upstream is unpleasant to
work with and requires a CLA which I refuse to spend my time on, so
beware of that if you intend to patch icinga2 to fix the FTBFS issues.
Also see <https://github.com/Icinga/icinga2/issues/9954>.