abel.d.o + gcc-12.x
Mathieu Malaterre
2022-09-05 07:00:01 UTC
Dear Debian arm porters,

I have two requests:

- Could someone please check the status of abel.d.o ? (*)
- One of gcc dev asked me to verify the status of a bug in gcc-12.x
branch. Are there any pre-build version of GCC 12.x package for
Debian/arm ? (**)

Thanks much,

(*) I cannot post to '***@db.debian.org', I get a '550 host
209.85.221.48 is listed in safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net (127.0.0.6);'
(**) https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1018953
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
2022-09-05 07:20:02 UTC
Post by Mathieu Malaterre
- Could someone please check the status of abel.d.o ? (*)
- One of gcc dev asked me to verify the status of a bug in gcc-12.x
branch. Are there any pre-build version of GCC 12.x package for
Debian/arm ? (**)
If you have a Debian DSA account, you can just create a armel schroot session for sid.

In sid, gcc-12 is now the default compiler.

Adrian
Mathieu Malaterre

I should have said: "I need a GCC 12.3" compiler (on amdahl.d.o).
Jeffrey Walton
2022-09-05 09:20:01 UTC
Post by Mathieu Malaterre
Dear Debian arm porters,
- Could someone please check the status of abel.d.o ? (*)
- One of gcc dev asked me to verify the status of a bug in gcc-12.x
branch. Are there any pre-build version of GCC 12.x package for
Debian/arm ? (**)
Thanks much,
209.85.221.48 is listed in safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net (127.0.0.6);'
(**) https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1018953
I can trigger an assertion in highway unit test suite
on armhf when using -O2 (does not happen at -O0).
% tests/mul_test "--gtest_filter=HwyMulTestGroup/HwyMulTest.TestAllMulAdd/Emu128" "--gtest_also_run_disabled_tests"
Running main() from ./googletest/src/gtest_main.cc
We encountered a similar bug under GCC 12. We are also a C++ project.
Things were Ok at -O1, but segfaulted at -O2 or higher. We found GCC
was removing live code. -fsanitize=unreachable helped uncover the
problem. [1]

We needed to add -fno-devirtualize to our CXXFLAGS. It is just a
workaround at the moment. We hope the GCC flks will get it sorted out
soon.

Jeff

[1] https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/issues/1141
Wookey
2022-09-05 10:10:01 UTC
Post by Mathieu Malaterre
Dear Debian arm porters,
- Could someone please check the status of abel.d.o ? (*)
It does not not boot any more after a kernel upgrade. This happened whilst I was
on holiday so it's taken a while to get to it. It is now on my desk being
looked at.
Post by Mathieu Malaterre
- One of gcc dev asked me to verify the status of a bug in gcc-12.x
branch. Are there any pre-build version of GCC 12.x package for
Debian/arm ? (**)
Yes:
12.2.0 is in the archive:
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gcc-12