Wonderful! I discovered that UniFi Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus is powered by Debian Linux 9
Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
2022-10-21 14:30:01 UTC
Subject: Wonderful! I discovered that UniFi Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus is powered
by Debian Linux 9

Good day from Singapore,

Here are my findings on 21 Oct 2022 Friday.

UniFi OS UCK G2 Plus 2.5.11

login as: root
***@192.168.90.2's password:
Linux Teo-En-Ming-Corporation 3.18.44-ui-qcom #1 SMP Mon Aug 1 14:33:30 CST
2022 aarch64

Firmware version: v2.5.11
.--.
__ .--( ) )-.
| | (.__..__)| | | __ | |
| ---| | | | | <| -| | | | |
|__|__||__|||__| | ||
(c) 2022 Ubiquiti Inc. |__|

Welcome to the CloudKey Plus!

* NOTICE **
* By logging in to, accessing, or using any Ubiquiti product, you are *
* signifying that you have read our Terms of Service (ToS) and End User *
* License Agreement (EULA), understand their terms, and agree to be *
* fully bound to them. The use of CLI (Command Line Interface) can *
* potentially harm Ubiquiti devices and result in lost access to them and *
* their data. By proceeding, you acknowledge that the use of CLI to *
* modify device(s) outside of their normal operational scope, or in any *
* manner inconsistent with the ToS or EULA, will permanently and *
* irrevocably void any applicable warranty. *
***

***@Teo-En-Ming-Corporation:~#

UniFi OS UCK G2 Plus 2.5.11

# cat /etc/os-release

PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="9"
VERSION="9 (stretch)"
VERSION_CODENAME=stretch
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"

# uname -a

Linux Teo-En-Ming-Corporation 3.18.44-ui-qcom #1 SMP Mon Aug 1 14:33:30 CST
2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Linux is everywhere! This also shows that Debian Linux is very stable for
it to be used in a commercial network device.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com
Paul Wise
2022-10-22 02:10:01 UTC
UniFi Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus is powered by Debian Linux 9
Please note that Debian 9 (stretch) is no longer security supported by
Debian, so you may want to upgrade your devices to a newer release.

In addition there are at least two third-party organisations providing
extended support for older versions of Debian.

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Extended
https://www.cip-project.org/
Linux Teo-En-Ming-Corporation 3.18.44-ui-qcom #1 SMP Mon Aug 1
14:33:30 CST 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux
I note that this is a very old version of the Linux kernel that is no
longer supported by the Linux kernel community and so it may have some
vulnerabilities in it, including remote ones.

https://www.kernel.org/

I note that the version string indicates that this is a fork of the
Linux kernel, please consider asking the company providing the device
to get involved in the upstream community and submitting their changes
for inclusion in the official Linux version.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/submitting-patches.html
--
bye,
pabs